Bremerhaven-based WAB is the nationwide contact partner for the offshore wind industry in Germany and the leading business network for onshore wind energy in the north-west region. The association fosters the production of “green” hydrogen from wind energy. It comprises some 250 smaller and larger businesses as well as institutes from all sectors of the wind industry, the maritime industry as well as research.
WAB is involved in:
- the development of offshore wind energy in Germany,
- the development of wind energy and the promotion of repowering in the northwest region,
- increasing cooperation between industry and science,
- training professionals and managers for the wind industry,
- the national and international representation of its members.
Benefits for WAB Members
- the annual WINDFORCE Conference,
- shared booths at national and international trade fairs and congresses,
- special events, seminars, thematic working groups,
- Regular´s Table, the meeting point of the wind energy industry,
- the hosting of delegations,
- excursions to wind energy businesses in the region,
- lobbying and
- public relations,
- initiation of and guidance for research and training projects,
- a newsletter in German and English every month,
- contact to the right business partner.