The WAB is the nationwide contact for the offshore wind industry, the onshore network in the Northwest and promotes the production of green hydrogen from wind power. The association includes around 250 smaller and larger companies as well as institutes from all areas of the wind industry, the maritime industry, the emerging hydrogen economy and science. We represent about 160,000 professionals through our members. As the voice of the value chain, the Wind Industry and Hydrogen Association WAB e.V. advocates climate protection with green energy as electrons and molecules.
WAB is involved in:
- the development of offshore wind energy in Germany,
- the development of wind energy and the promotion of repowering in the northwest region,
- increasing cooperation between industry and science,
- training professionals and managers for the wind industry,
- the national and international representation of its members.
Benefits for WAB Members
- the annual WINDFORCE Conference,
- shared booths at national and international trade fairs and congresses,
- special events, seminars, thematic working groups,
- Regular´s Table, the meeting point of the wind energy industry,
- the hosting of delegations,
- excursions to wind energy businesses in the region,
- lobbying and
- public relations,
- initiation of and guidance for research and training projects,
- a newsletter in German and English every month,
- contact to the right business partner.