WAB is the voice of Germany´s Offshore Wind Industry and the Wind Energy Network in the Northwest Region
WAB represents businesses and institutes active in all value-creation stages of the onshore and offshore wind energy sector, from manufacturers, planners, investors and municipal utilities, to power companies as operators of large wind farms on land and at sea.
Shipping companies, experts in logistics, and port authorities, all working in the maritime industry and essential for the development of wind energy at sea, are also members of WAB.
WAB is involved in:
- the development of offshore wind energy in Germany,
- the development of wind energy and the promotion of repowering in the northwest region,
- increasing cooperation between industry and science,
- training professionals and managers for the wind industry,
- the national and international representation of its members.
Benefits for WAB Members
- the annual WINDFORCE Conference,
- shared booths at national and international trade fairs and congresses,
- special events, seminars, thematic working groups,
- Regular´s Table, the meeting point of the wind energy industry,
- the hosting of delegations,
- excursions to wind energy businesses in the region,
- lobbying and
- public relations,
- initiation of and guidance for research and training projects,
- a newsletter in German and English every month,
- contact to the right business partner.