- Rotor blade inspection and monitoring measures in cooperation with CORNIS
- Effective and long-term asset optimisation to secure return-on-investment regarding onshore and offshore wind farms
REETEC joined forces with CORNIS, a leading technology provider for blade O&M management, to offer customers preventive maintenance solutions for rotor blades. Throughout their entire lifespan, they are exposed to rain, frost and lightning or even sea air, so they need special care. This is why preventive O&M services are key to increase durability and secure performance of wind turbines.
REETEC's know-how means that a complete wind farm can be inspected within a very short time frame and customers are provided with comprehensive reports – including blade condition analysis coupled with repair suggestions – on a periodical basis. A tailored monitoring package offers internal, external, standard checklist and post-processing methods for preventive maintenance of rotor blades. Its O&M service portfolio comprises these added values:
- Reduced production loss due to limited down time of wind turbines
- In-depth analysis of blade conditions thanks to HD pictures
- State-of-the art technologies such as CORNIS, RE-VIS (REETEC Vertical Inspection System) and as of 2020 also drones
- Flexible access by rope on-site, rotor blade service platform or cherry-picker
- Fully equipped repair workshop in Emden
"By monitoring blade conditions over a number of years, we offer effective damage control. For you as a wind farm operator, this means to pre-empt issues and consequently down time equalling profit loss. Our team comes with over 20 years of industry experience, so our technicians can offer qualified advice on the best repair and maintenance procedures. Plus, our service centre in Emden has the appropriate logistics and 30,000 sq m of hall space in which rotor blades up to a length of 70 m can be overhauled," says Kai Wiechmann, Head of Rotor Blade Services at REETEC.