OWS Off-Shore Wind Solutions (OWS) is an independent manufacturer and competence centre for onshore and offshore services in Emden, as well as on the shores of the North and Baltic Sea. It offers both cost-efficient full maintenance packages and modular solutions – from comprehensive O&M services to major component replacement, repair and retrofit measures. Customers include manufacturers as well as operators and owners.
OWS is able to construct, assemble and commission plants – in part or as a whole. It`s location offers ample capacity for the storage of rotor blades or other large components. We even carry out demanding tasks such as rotor blade repairs and inspections.
Referring to the existing know-how, OWS also develop and manufacture prototypes.
The unique infrastructure of the competence centre opens up a wide operating radius in the North Sea thanks to its location at the mouth of the river Ems near the Dutch border (offshore) and boasts a spacious repair workshop for complete wind turbines and major components (onshore).
A wind farm should be able to function with as few interruptions as possible. To help you achieve this, OWS offers a comprehensive service package including monitoring, maintenance, repairs, upgrading and support you in obtaining the necessary certificates.
• Own service hall in which rotor blades with a length up to 70 meters and entire nacelles can be refurbished
• Own quay with 450-ton crane system
• Modern 24/7 control room with sea surveillance, including 2nd level engineering support
• Access to a jack-up service vessel with a 500-ton crane
• Professional logistics services from A-Z
• Qualified and experienced assemblers (mechanics / electrics
• Level-3 and level-2 climbers (FISAT/HUET)
• Employee know-how (experienced in rotor blade service / glass fibre maintenance)
• Trained personnel for safety services
• High-performing control room in Emden,for reliable 24/7 monitoring
• Analysis of technical malfunctions, and determination of appropriate remedy measures
• Production of status reports, logs and documentations
• Refit / repowering measures
• Gear endoscopy
• Rotor blade inspection
• Early detection of damages, initial damages
• Evaluation and documentation of internal and external state
• Examination of growth and corrosion
• Technical inspection of all
• Operating area: 166,966 m²Back
© WAB e.V. 2021