The research areas of Fraunhofer IWES North-West cover the complete range of wind energy technology, from wind physics up to energy network feeding. The institute offers companies like turbine manufacturers, suppliers, wind farm operators and power authorities, industry relevant research services and target-oriented collaboration concerning the complete spectrum of technical wind energy utilization issues. Comprehending the wind energy turbine as a system with its dynamic interactions between the individual components and environmental factors creates synergies for complex solution approaches.
At present, Fraunhofer IWES North-West employs around 130 scientists, administrative staff and 50 students. In 2013, Fraunhofer IWES Northwest has teamed up with the German Aerospace Centre (DLR) and ForWind, the Center for Wind Energy Research of the Universities Oldenburg, Hannover and Bremen, to form the Research Alliance for Wind Energy. Through its personnel strength of 600 scientists and by networking knowledge and expertise, the alliance will be able to successfully process long term and strategically important major projects. A research infrastructure with such unique test centres and laboratories will process innovative issues and set standards across the globe. Fraunhofer IWES Northwest fulfils the requirements of DIN EN ISO 9001:2008.
WIND ENERGY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES (ON- AND OFFSHORE)
• Evaluation of the technical reliability of building components and structures
• Centre of expertise in rotor blades
• Production and process technology for materials, surfaces and installation
• Adhesives, lacquers, polymeric chemistry, boundary layer research, corrosion and degradation
• Materials and construction methods
• Conditional monitoring and intelligent operational managementBack
© WAB e.V. 2020